Sunday, August 19, 2012

Work uniform vs the everyday wardrobe

As a women in the workforce (I also work in a boutique accounting firm as the Practice Manager) I have started to come to a realisation. I have two days off a week & am spoilt for choice no matter what the occasion, however come Monday morning I have the same two skirts & pair of pants & 5 shirts I wear every single week. Why do I spend so much money on my weekend wardrobe when really my everyday wardrobe should be my work clothes? I don't find work clothes any less important, as a matter of fact when I go to my corporate job I like to look the part, nor do I find work clothes boring to buy, but I just cant seem to bring myself to purchase a new working outfit. 

When I look at clothes I often take into consideration where I would wear them (casual weekend, lunch with the ladies) but I will not do a double take and think of gee I really need a new shirt / jacket / skirt / pants for work. 

Is it just me? 

So I'm going to change my attitude. I promise myself I will not purchase myself another iota of clothing that isn't something I can wear to work. From today on I will be purchasing myself a whole new range of pants / shirts / skirts to bring me into Spring & Summer. I will be buying pieces that not only can I wear in my professional role but also my time talking to clients at Ari&Charli. I will look at accessorising my working wardrobe and buy a beautiful new pair of shoes to go with the new clothes. 

I am liking bold prints, and cigarette pants. Therefore I am going to find clothes inlines (ASOS have a great variety) as well as retail shops around town. My working wardrobe will be these:




Teamed with some white boyfriend style white shirts, and this season's black peplum top and some point toe black heels. I am also thinking loud, bright colours for work dresses:


As my main wardrobe colour has always been black I find anything that easily goes with a black can remain a statement piece for a long time.

Also the above teamed with a Fiorelli Caplet Grab Bag -



I will be ready for either job knowing I am looking my best but also ready for a call up to go for coffee with the ladies....

See work wear doesn't have to be boring at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment